Grinder

Say hi, make some friends or enemies
Grinder

Grinder

Post by Grinder »

I see a lot of familiar names here. I've been on the server pretty regularly so it's past time I checked in here!

I started playing URT in 2007 at lunch at work with a bunch of engineers and computer scientists. Mostly TDM until the last few years (except for a stint playing CTF on Superman in 2009 while recovering from dropping an old BMW on my hands!). Lately I favour CTF and sometimes Gungame, and of course TDM on the UTF server.

I've been an admin on plenty of servers, luckily there don't seem to be as many hax as in the old days (still the odd asshat though) so it's fun to just play and enjoy the game! Like a few folks here, I'm ancient (59 this summer). But not quite as ancient as some :D

I'm on the east coast of Canada, near Halifax.

See you in the game!

bug

Re: Grinder

Post by bug »

Hi Grinder,

Welcome aboard. Great to have another oldie here (I'm 64).

I used to love Superman too - jumping off the top and landing in that pool outside. Did you ever find the glitch where you could get underneath one of the buildings?

Look forward to seeing you around here Grinder.

Take care,
bug

Geordie
Site Admin

Post by Geordie »

Hi Grinder,

Good to see you in the forum :D

I used to play on lily quite a bit and remember seeing you there, you might know me better as HagraBiscuit.

We have built up a good crowd here and the server is populated almost 24x7 now.

We are also looking into having a CTF server, let me know your thoughts on that. Just a bit worried it might kill the TDM server.

Anyhow, have fun and shoot lots of people.

--G

Grinder

Post by Grinder »

bug wrote:
Tue Aug 11, 2020 6:52 am
Hi Grinder,

Welcome aboard. Great to have another oldie here (I'm 64).

I used to love Superman too - jumping off the top and landing in that pool outside. Did you ever find the glitch where you could get underneath one of the buildings?

Look forward to seeing you around here Grinder.

Take care,
bug
I haven't found that glitch, usually I'm too busy flying through the air :) I love the jump that let you burn across the roof of the tallest building, scooping the flag and landing in the river far away.

Grinder

Post by Grinder »

Geordie wrote:
Tue Aug 11, 2020 7:46 am
Hi Grinder,

Good to see you in the forum :D

I used to play on lily quite a bit and remember seeing you there, you might know me better as HagraBiscuit.

We have built up a good crowd here and the server is populated almost 24x7 now.

We are also looking into having a CTF server, let me know your thoughts on that. Just a bit worried it might kill the TDM server.

Anyhow, have fun and shoot lots of people.

--G
I don't think CTF would take too many away from the TDM server, a lot of players seem to play one or the other. There are certainly a few CTF servers that are almost always full. Try it and see I suppose.

I remember seeing HagraBiscuit on Lily. Funny, my ping was poor there but I had great hits (perhaps it was the hosting hardware). Since they brought it back I get CI the moment I join... I used to frequent KUT as well, I seem to recall some infighting there lol.

I will shoot lots of people, and also boot, stab, and curb stomp a few :D

pichiller

Post by pichiller »

Welcome Grinder! Its good to see another veteran player join the community. The more the merrier!

See you in game, mate!!
Cheers

defaulty

Post by defaulty »

Hey bro, great to see you here. This is an awesome group of players here with lots of old friends around too. You will fit good here. Not to many low iq's around, but the odd one that shows up is dealt with pretty quickly. I am hoping the CTF can be workable too, its nice to change it up sometimes.
Remember to be nice to dad :lol:
df

Lenin

Post by Lenin »

Ha!
What a cheater!
Welcome man :) . Nice to see you around here

Rorik

Post by Rorik »

Grrrrrrrrrr..inder!
I can't get away from you in game, and now you're here. :lol:
Welcome! Keep the hits coming!

Grinder

Post by Grinder »

pichiller wrote:
Tue Aug 11, 2020 1:01 pm
Welcome Grinder! Its good to see another veteran player join the community. The more the merrier!

See you in game, mate!!
Cheers
Thanks pichiller! It's nice to see some younger players here ;) :lol:

Hope to frag you soon!

Cheers,
G